Monday, March 2, 2015

Reading Review Week

So after 7 weeks in the course, I, and everyone else, have read lots of stories. There have been some that I really enjoyed, and some I was just kind of meh about!

I think my favorite units were Homer's Iliad unit and Ovid's Metamorphoses, mainly because I've always had a particular interest in Greek and Roman mythology, so it was great to read stuff that I was fairly familiar with.

Unfortunately for me, my Storybook topic won't be covered until later on in the semester! I'm really looking forward to the Dante's Inferno unit, though. I'm kind of interested to see how much I'll be able to change the story if I decide to do the reading diaries and storytelling for Inferno after doing so much work on my Storybook!

Screenshot from my Storybook

The other units that I read were all pretty good as well, I just wanted to specifically mention the ones that I enjoyed the most! 

In terms of note-taking, I haven't really taken any notes! I usually read the units as I do the storytelling and reading diaries, so really the diaries are kind of my way of keeping notes! It helps me comprehend the stories better because I give feedback to anyone that cares to read them. If I can't give clear and concise feedback in the diaries, then I haven't read the unit well enough! 

Overall, while this class is some of the most writing I've ever had to do so far, it's definitely been one of the more enjoyable ones just because of the creativity I can express through my writing and everything else. 



No comments:

Post a Comment